Monday, January 18, 2010

We are never alone!

In our darkest hours as we face our trials, heartache, and pain we almost always feel like we are in it alone. Even just everyday living, trying to get through the day is more than we can handle. Often times there are not enough hours in the day to do all that needs to be done or enough money to get us through to the next pay check. Our burdens and responsibilities seem harder than we can bear.

I have been struggling for a few months, neglecting the spiritual things that I should be doing because I have felt heavy burdens of everyday living and have not used my time wisely. I have started reading my scriptures again and studying the conference talks. In my studies I came across this talk by Elder Jeffery R. Holland from April 2009 conference. It made a huge impact on me. It is a review of the last days of our Saviors life and well worth the review.

None Were With Him

I now realize once again that I am never alone. That in Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary the Lord felt everything that I feel. He knows through experience every sin and weakness that I have, he knows it and has paid the price to ransom me. He felt abandoned and alone as The Father withdrew, crying in ultimate loneliness, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” After all was fulfilled and with complete faith in The Father and complete obedience He finally said, “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.”
Jesus was completely alone at that point, he felt the withdrawal of His Father, and he felt it and knows it. But, we will never have to be alone for we are blessed with the constant companionship of the Holy Spirit to lead us, guide us, lift us, teach us, and comfort us in all things and at all times. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ and all who are called as leaders in this great organization. We have sisters and brothers both, in our family and in our ward family, to stand literally by our side as we need them. No, we are never alone; we are loved more than we can comprehend. All we have to do is ask.

No comments: