Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Liahona

1 Nephi 16 continued

16:1 Thou hast declared unto us hard things, more than we are able to bear.
16:2 the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center.
 Notes
o Wicked people do not want to know about truth
o Good people know both good and evil
o Evil people don’t know about either
o CS Lewis “When a man is getting better he realizes how bad he is.

16:10 “Lehi beheld upon the ground a round ball of curious workmanship”, the spindles would point the way they should travel.

Lehi found a Liahona outside his tent one-day
Left there by a loving father to lead and guide their way
I to have Liahonas and by my side they stay
If I listen and am faithful and willing to obey.

My Liahonas come from God, their light burst forth with flames
To warm the inter most part of my heart, to awaken my eternal soul.
They open my eyes to knowledge, words of prophets within my reach
As I read, study, ponder and pray the sacred message that they teach.

Loving parents were the first ones to take me by the hand
To lift and love and teach me of God’s eternal plan.
Latter-day prophets, leaders, and teachers lead by the Holy Ghost
Are always there to guide me when I need them the very most.

I am grateful for my Liahonas they surround me every day
Weaving in and out of my life in a most unexpected way
God places them where needed to guide me at each bend
So I will find my Savior, my Redeemer, my friend.
Dixie Sly

We all face trials probably everyday of our life. Some are small and some are so large we can’t handle them alone. What we do and how we react plays a big part in what we have to go through to gain or regain help from the Lord.
It was no different for Lehi and his family.

No comments: