Sunday, August 21, 2011

Go and Do

Day 3 /1 Nephi 3-5
“I have learned not to put question marks but to use exclamation points when calls are issued through inspired channels of priesthood government.” Elder Russell M. Nelson

1 Nephi 3:7
“….I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men save He shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.”

This is one scripture I memorized a long time ago, I don’t know why I was able to memorize this one and not all of the scripture mastery scriptures. The Lord must have known that I needed to remember and believe this scripture. I wouldn’t have moved to the mid west if I hadn’t listened to the Spirit and done what we were told. I would not have had the remarkable experience given to me if I had not listened and obeyed. I would not be who I am today without these experiences. My life has truly been blessed over and over again. I am not saying it has been easy! I had to leave my children and their families behind. I have not been able to be part of all the blessings, baptisms, scout advancements, birthdays, holidays, plays, and sport events. Let alone just not being able to watch them grow up and see the different stages of life. I have missed out on a lot! But, I have been blessed abundantly for my willingness to follow the Spirit. This life is such a short time of our existence and my hope is to be with my family throughout all eternity.

No comments: