Thursday, September 25, 2008

Getting to know me

I am a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, to name a few, my husband and I have been married for 40 years. We have six wonderful children and 20 grandchildren. My family is one of my most precious gifts. By this introduction you can tell that I have lived several decades. I have had many opportunities to learn parenting skills, although I don’t confess to be anywhere near perfect where motherhood is concerned. I do know that with the knowledge and experiences I have had I would of made some changes. Hopefully I would be a better mother. I am so grateful for all of the Sharing Heart that have taken the time to share with me and teach and help me when I needed help.
If wisdom comes with age I should have a lot. I don’t know how true that statement is but I have been blessed with many experiences and opportunities that have helped me become who I am today. I am no different than you; I just want to share some of the things that I know to be true. I believe in God! I know that everything comes from God! I know that He loves us and cares about us. I have been led by Him; I have gained knowledge from His Spirit as I have taken time to listen to that still small voice. I know that my Savior knows me by name and that He wants me to be happy and find joy in life. Only through Him can I have peace in my heart. I hope that I can help each of you find that peace in your own heart.

No comments: