Thursday, September 25, 2008

I love Being A Mother

Being a mother as we all know is a 24 hour a day job for 365 days of the year. That never changes even after your children leave home and start families of their own.
Once that baby is placed in your arms, life changes forever. They demand your time, your energy, and every waking hour.
Soon you are no longer known as you! You become Joey’s mom.
I always wanted to be a mother; I remember one Christmas my older sister and I got beautiful baby dolls for Christmas. We played with them and loved them all year long. A few weeks before Christmas the next year our baby dolls disappeared. We were both so sad. On Christmas morning our dolls were under the Christmas tree, sparkly clean, and beautiful with new clothes, blankets and all we needed to care for our babies. That was one of the best Christmas’s I remember. I loved my baby doll then and I still love holding a baby in my arms today. A few years ago my family gave me a baby doll that feels and looks like a real baby. Every now and again you will find me holding and rocking that precious doll. Only because my grandchildren are far away and when I get lonely for them I will give my doll a big hug and think of them.

1 comment:

The Pea said...

Holy cow!! It is so great to see you in the blog world. Welcome, You always have such great things on the family site I can't wait to see what you do with this!!